RE: IPv6: Past mistakes repeated?

2000-05-10 03:00:02
At 10:39 AM 5/8/2000 -0700, Jim Stephenson-Dunn wrote:
No! We don't want to fix the holes! We want to keep a record of them
without telling the admins, and when they misbehave, not only can we pop
their kneecaps, set fire to their house, release information to their
families they wouldn't want to be released, but also as a grand finale,
we can take control of the machine and do what we wanted anyway.
Eventually, we as the IETF would have complete control of every machine
connected to the Internet, thereby giving us control of the entire
planet, which in turn would allow us to park wherever we wanted and
*not*get*a*ticket*!!!!!! :-)

Dang! Jim's gone and uncovered my nefarious retirement plan. Now I'll
have to think of something else :-(

Jim, you left out the "Nyah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" part...

vint

p.s. apologies to IETF list for cluttering with this. It just slipped out.
I moved to a new MCI WorldCom facility on Nov 11, 1999

MCI WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway
Building F2, Room 4115, ATTN: Vint Cerf
Ashburn, VA 20147
Telephone (703) 886-1690
FAX (703) 886-0047

"INTERNET IS FOR EVERYONE!"
See you at INET2000, Yokohama, Japan July 18-21, 2000
http://www.isoc.org/inet2000