Re: PIARA (IP address space economics)

2000-05-08 06:40:02
Sean;

Likewise, I think that government agencies in various East
and South Asian countries, and perhaps various Asian ISPs
or next-generation mobile telephony organizations
would be extremely happy to bid for a few historical Class As
now being under-used by the current registrants, rather
than being told "no" or "first demonstrate usage" by APNIC.

We, people living or born in Asian-Pacific region, are now thinking
about an aggresively new way of address allocation to promote the
healthy IPv6 Internet.

That is, those promoting the healthy IPv6 Internet will be allocated
a lot of IPv4 addresses.

See a recent ID:

        <draft-ohta-address-allocation-00.txt>

        Usage Based Address Allocation Considered Harmful

for details of the proposal.

If you still worry about multihoming, see another recent ID of mine:

        <draft-ohta-e2e-multihoming-00.txt>

        The Architecture of End to End Multihoming

                                                        Masataka Ohta