RE: WAP and IP

2000-06-26 11:30:02

Vernon Schryver writes
-----Original Message-----

From: Mohsen BANAN-Public
<public(_at_)mohsen(_dot_)banan(_dot_)1(_dot_)byname(_dot_)net>

 There is a genuine need for a reliable efficient transport that
 accommodates *short* and *occasional* exchanges.

 There are many occasions where UDP is too little and TCP
is too much.

I've often heard that from telephant advocates, but I've never seen
anything plausible from them.

See, my friend, if you call any one who doesn't agree with your views
on TCP/IP with names like "telephant advocate", reasoning is not going
to convince you. It is like convincing a life long republican to vote
for Al Gore - he/she has already closed the door to make sure that
nothing can come in.

Mohsen may be accused of any thing, but calling Mohsen whose aim is to
create an open alternative to WAP is hilarious. And, Mohsen at least
understands the issues involved in wireless cellular communication,
something that can be said of many other TCP/IP for every thing
advocates.

Cheers,

--brijesh
(personal opinions only)