Re: Welcoming newcomers

2000-12-21 12:10:02
%
% > % in my experience, plenty of bad ideas survive such "vetting".
% > % but those who bring them to IETF still expect the rubber stamp.
% > %
% >
% > True. The point being that the IETF is becoming a "rubber-stamp" for
% > work already complete.
%
% outsiders have tried to treat IETF like a rubber stamp for years; this
% is nothing new.  but in my experience, IETF doesn't function that way -
% working groups feel quite free to change or discard earlier work.
% (some are even hostile to earlier work)
%
% Keith
%

As have "insiders".  And yes, I've seen WG try and discard earlier work...
(btw, whats the distinguishing characteristic between an "outsider" and an
"insider"?)

--
--bill