Re: Welcoming newcomers

2000-12-21 06:30:02
   From: Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com>
   Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:51:38 -0800

   > a) Was the AD hissing because the newcomer's company has made a well-
   > financed but technically broken attempt to be an 800-pound gorilla in the
   > <WG> area?

   actually, it was not the AD, but the co-chair.  and it was in the midst of
   a bunch of other humorous moments in the wg.  and yes indeed, an 800-ton
   gorilla with a bad technical scam and a global bad rep for it and an
   attitude to go with.

Hmm.... and in a previous thread we heard lots of people applauding the
idea of having the wg-chair tap the microphone, or even hit a switch
which turns off the speaker's microphone in that case.....

                                                        - Ted