Re: Welcoming newcomers

2000-12-21 11:30:03
%
%         I was not present so I could not clarify.  It does seem pretty
%         clear that these days, "bad-ideas" are often floated and experimented
%         with in other venues and only after vetting are brought to the IETF
%         for standards approval/rubber stamping.
%
% in my experience, plenty of bad ideas survive such "vetting".
% but those who bring them to IETF still expect the rubber stamp.
%

True. The point being that the IETF is becoming a "rubber-stamp" for
work already complete. This sad state of affairs is, IMHO, part of the
reason for the lack of tolerance.

--
--bill