Re: HTML better for small PDAs

2001-02-23 13:10:02
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:22:15 EST, Jeremy Foshee said:
Valdis wrote:
Now, who was saying that you didn't need a DTD to understand the XML? ;)

You don't. XML has the ability to stand on it's own if you desire.

Umm.. without a DTD, how do you interpret all the markup that was the POINT
of using XML?  Yes, a XML document without the DTD can be syntax-checked, but
let's think for a moment - if you don't have the (hypothetical) rfc2119 DTD,
what is the *semantics* of:

</point>

Before you say "but we all know what 'should' means", consider that we felt
it necessary to publish RFC2119.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst