Re: Multicast channels at the 52nd IETF

2001-10-23 02:20:02

--On tirsdag, oktober 23, 2001 00:01:53 -0400 Edward Lewis <lewis(_at_)tislabs(_dot_)com> wrote:

What is the chance that the number of multicast channels will increase
during the next IETF meeting?  I am hearing that international travel will
be problematic for the time being.

What are the barriers to increasing from the current two channels?

Volunteers, equipment, time and money.

The main problem is evaluating the cost/benefit; I think we have had relatively few listeners on the multicast channels at the last few IETFs. Reports from people who feel that they have gained real benefit from remote participation would be appreciated; happy customers means that we are more likely to invest more effort in the service.

                 Harald