Re: participation in IETF meetings

2001-10-23 08:00:03
At 09:49 AM 10/23/01 -0400, RJ Atkinson wrote:

       The challenge is that some folks clearly do use the wireless
LAN to download I-Ds to review precise text during the meeting
discussing that particular I-D (in lieu of carrying paper around,
I suppose), or for other good purposes.  Legislating either way
on this seems unconstructive.

People could just keep all the IDs on their laptops
at all times. I've been keeping an archive since
late '96, moving from machine to machine, as needed.
It is less than 1GB of storage and about 18,300 files.
It has (more or less) all versions of all IDs. If I
wanted to get the current, complete, ID-set it would,
of course, be a lot smaller...

Every couple of days I run the following WGET command:
        wget -k -nd -nH -r -np --glob=on -nc \
                ftp://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/*
which gets all new files from the ID directory.
(WGET is available from your local GNU repository
and includes instructions to make it work under Windows)