Re: participation in IETF meetings

2001-10-23 07:40:03
At 09:49 AM 10/23/01 -0400, RJ Atkinson wrote:
       While I disagree with the first sentence above, I agree that
on Tuesdays and Thursdays I think it actually be productive to dispense
with the wireless LAN coverage in meeting rooms.

It's useful for people to be able to grab documents while the
meeting is in progress, I've found.  That said, I think it's
perfectly reasonable in a crowded meeting to demand the seat of
someone who's playing games or checking their stock portfolio,
or otherwise choosing to screw around with their laptop rather than
participate in what's going on in the room.

Melinda