Re: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-26 04:50:03
I'm really not interested in the opinions of people
who continuously rant and spam off-topic posts and
it seems that opinion is shared by a lot of
people on the list.

That's what killfiles and filters are for.

I _am_ interested in the opinions of people, no matter what those opinions are.
I don't see why the world must be censored at the source just to meet your
standards of what you do and don't want to see.  And claiming to represent the
majority is irrelevant, even if it is true (and I'm not convinced of that),
because it is technologically quite possible for each person to censor his own
mail at his recipient end--it is not necessary to censor at the source, unless
your real objective be to prevent _others_ from reading anything of which _you_
do not approve.