Re: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-26 08:20:03
Many of us still often connect by slow lines
when on travel, and can only filter in the
user agent.

Then you should limit the traffic that you solicit in your travel configuration.
Expecting the rest of the Internet to know that you are traveling and limit
traffic so that you are not inconvenienced is tremendously impractical, and
somewhat self-centered as well.

I would much prefer that rantings and ravings be
filtered at source rather than wasting time and
money downloading them straight into the
trash folder.

We'd all prefer that the Internet be optimized to carry only the traffic that we
want to see, but as I've pointed out above, that's not practical.

Heck, I'd prefer that Valdis Kletnieks stop sending messages as text attachments
to the list (does every one of his messages really need to be signed?), but
occasionally I still open them to see what he has to say, and I've made no
attempt to filter them, and certainly I haven't insisted that anyone censor them
at the source for my convenience.