Re: Jim Fleming's posting privilleges have been revoked

2001-10-26 09:10:03
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:48:59 +0200, Anthony Atkielski
<anthony(_at_)atkielski(_dot_)com>  said:
Many of us still often connect by slow lines
when on travel, and can only filter in the
user agent.

Then you should limit the traffic that you solicit in your travel
configuration.

So you're saying he shouldn't read his e-mail while travelling, because he
might get spammed by somebody who's been told repeatedly to cut it out? Even
though it's a mailing list that *most* traffic on it *is* solicited?

Heck, I'd prefer that Valdis Kletnieks stop sending messages as text
attachments
to the list (does every one of his messages really need to be signed?), but
occasionally I still open them to see what he has to say, and I've made no

Hmm... I wasn't aware that there are MUA's that manage to Do The Wrong Thing
with a text/plain part of a multipart/signed.  I would have expected the
text/plain part to be displayed inline, and it's the *signature* that usually
generates complaints, because it's an "application/pgp-signature", which should
be handled as an application/octet-stream.  If a widely-distributed MUA is
requiring the text/plain part to be manually opened, that needs to be checked
into.  Maybe a 'Content-Disposition: inline' is needed on the text/plain.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst