Re: 0:212 BIZ

2002-08-06 23:43:26
----- Original Message -----
From: "Einar Stefferud" <Stef(_at_)thor(_dot_)nma(_dot_)com>

I fully realize the your way of doing it can work in due course, but
I still do not want any .biz domains, just because I have enough (for
myself) already;-)...

I am not saying anything bad about your arrangements and I wish you
al he success in the world with it, because it looks like a solution
to the lack of cooperation elsewhere in the universe;-)...

Stef,

It is not *my* arrangement. It is the arrangement of the .BIZ community.
They have collectively, [one SLD.BIZ name at a time], decided to create
the situation they have. Keep in mind they are just testing. They are just
doing Proof-of-Concept experiments. They can not harm anyone, they
are isolated on the "toy", 32-bit, IPv4 TOS=0 network.

Assuming there are eventually some serious SLD.BIZ owners, they can
then be identified more easily. They can collectively work to upgrade their
services from the trivial 32-bit DNS variety, to the 128-bit DNS services.
It may take a long time before that happens, because, you may have noticed,
there are not many .BIZ web-sites out there. Look at the so-called .BIZ
Registrars, they do not even use .BIZ names.
http://www.thepricedomain.com/index.php?domainlist=biz

As for other arrangements, freedom-loving people are routing around the
damage...
http://www.New.Net
http://www.NewRoot.com
http://www.Name-Space.com
http://www.MOX1.com

To move beyond the IPv4 TOS=0 Internet, is now very easy.
The RIRs may not like it....they want to sell/lease people blocks of
addresses...
http://www.cafax.se/dnsop/maillist/2002-07/msg00020.html
"Nothing in ip6.arpa unless managed by the RIRs."

You might want to check to see who owns IN-ADDR.BIZ
and whether it is properly registered in both of the .BIZ Registries....

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt