A modertor for the IETF list? (Re: A plea for calm)

2003-04-04 02:37:32
Carsten,

you seem to suggest that we should get someone to act as "secretary" for debates on the IETF list - now that's a novel and interesting concept!

(I've seen "moderator" used in 2 ways - the "summarize and state consensus" role Carsten mentions below, and the "sanction inappropriate behaviour" role that is commonly used with "mailing list moderator" - these roles don't have to be done by the same person....)

Two questions for the community:

- Is this a good idea?
- Does the person exist who could do a good job and is willing to do it?

Food for thought indeed!

                 Harald