Re: Chastisement (A plea for calm)

2003-04-04 15:06:27
Which 12 were repeated?

                --Dean

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Dean,

if you really want me to pursue this topic, raise a process complaint.
Note that:

- The namedroppers issue has been dealt with extensively before.
- The DNSOPS list is not moderated.
- Since you asked, I have scanned both your comments and Rob's comments on
DNSOP; by my count, you repeated the same argument with no additional
information in approximately 12 out of the 35 messages you sent to the list
over the last month.

For anyone who wants to check:

Rob's note to you is at
http://www.cafax.se/dnsop/maillist/2003-04/msg00002.html

               Harald

--On torsdag, april 03, 2003 19:01:26 -0500 Dean Anderson
<dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Sometimes the moderator has their own axe to grind.

This has happened with Dan Bernstein on namedroppers to the extent where
his address was posted for unauthorized unsubscriptions, his messages were
blocked, and handled in ways that were inappropriately unique. Others have
also experienced this. Randy Bush is a frequent abuser.

I have just seen this on DNSOP, where Rob Austein asked for a discussion
topic to stop, and then asked for the polar opposite to be re-introduced
"from oblivion". He refused to chastise several blatant ad hominems
containing foul language, and instead publicly chastised me without cause,
only because I was on the opposite side.  Randy Bush was an abuser in this
case as well. In fact, Bush only contributed ad hominems to the
discussion.

See my message to DNSOP dated Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:55:49 -0500 (EST)

Quoting myself:
  "Instead of using your authority to bias discussion around proposals you
   personally support, you should chastise those making ad hominem
attacks,    or otherwise unprofessional posts, to keep discussion on a
professional    level, and work to clarify arguments and objections, so
that rational    decisions can be made."

There is much discouragement when faced with such obvious bias toward
leader's personal pet projects, and the failure to police the abuse of
"chums" in the leadership.

            --Dean