Re: Chastisement (A plea for calm)

2003-04-04 15:35:56
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Dean,

if you really want me to pursue this topic, raise a process complaint.

Where is the procedure for that?

Note that:

- The namedroppers issue has been dealt with extensively before.

Yes, there has been previous problems, and changes to the administration
of namedroppers as a result. However, the previous alterations have been
unsuccessful at stopping the abuse of Dan Bernstein by Randy Bush. The
most recent new complaints involving Dan Bernstein and Randy Bush have not
yet been dealt with.

- The DNSOPS list is not moderated.

It is not moderated, however the chairs should not be permitting or
encouraging personal attacks, foul language, and unprofessional behavior,
while chastising professional behavior, in order to promote their pet
projects.

Rob's note to you is at
http://www.cafax.se/dnsop/maillist/2003-04/msg00002.html

And one should also look at

My response to Rob, asking him to clarify his complaint:
http://www.cafax.se/dnsop/maillist/2003-04/msg00003.html

Rob's response, indicating his charges of "loaded terminology":
http://www.cafax.se/dnsop/maillist/2003-04/msg00004.html

My response, refuting Rob's charges, and detailing his own inappropriate
behavior: http://www.cafax.se/dnsop/maillist/2003-04/msg00012.html