Re: site-local != NAT

2003-04-30 07:58:40
Randy Bush writes:
Maybe if you and Randy stopped playing elliptical
word games we could have some communication
here. If you have a point, make it.

keith did.  it's just that you didn't like it.

the reality is that today, identifiers are addresses are routing.
we may or may not like this, but it is fact.

Fine. The reality is NAT and RFC1918 too. That
doesn't mean that we should just give up. And
unlike the intractable set of problems that drive
NAT's, it's trivial to djinn up collision
resistant names which can be used in lieu of the
abdication of thought implicit in recvfrom() as
the Bearer of Names. Diffie Hellman is your
friend.

                Mike