RE: what the "scope" disagreement is about

2003-05-02 13:05:46
Keith Moore wrote:
NO, Tony.  We need for the network to do routing, not the hosts.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

It is not hard to understand, because I agree there is no need for the
host or app to do routing. At the same time, the host or app doesn't
need to be passing around topology information. If any process chooses
to pass around values that are explicitly expected to be directly used
as topology locators, that process needs to understand the topology it
is describing. This isn't rocket science ...

Tony