RE: A modest proposal - allow the ID repository to hold xml

2003-09-03 11:08:44
From: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian(_dot_)Rosen(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com>

about.  We also avoid heated discussions about what was allowable
in the html, what version of which tools, etc.  This is a contentious
enough issue ("rough consensus and running code" applies, right?),

If that is a problem with HTML (I agree that it is),
why wouldn't it be a bigger problem with XML?

Replacing "HT" with "X" doesn't magically change the politics.  In
fact it makes them worse, because HTML is by now more stable and
has better consensus reality than XML.