Re: Proposal to define a simple architecture to differentiate legitimate bulk email from Spam (UBE)

2003-09-09 14:47:55

Reports from some operators of DCC clients at non-trivial sites
claim that the DCC does a tolerable job against SoBig.F.
...  I'd not expect the DCC to do
well against most worms or viruses.

I agree in that it seems to me on an internet engineering level of analysis, it
makes a lot more sense to remove the viral attachments BEFORE the MUA.  Afaik,
the DCC (usually) works at the MTA layer which is nice for system admins but
perhaps not ideal for users that don't have system admins.

If we comparing solutions to viral attachments (that also do anti-spam), ours
operates after the MTA but before (statistically) the MUA, and is instantly
user configurable:

http://AntiViotic.com/test.php

Will solve 100% your viral attachment problem with the following advantages:

http://AntiViotic.com/antiviotic.php

Shelby Moore
http://AntiViotic.com