Re: Proposal to define a simple architecture to differentiate legitimate bulk email from Spam (UBE)

2003-09-09 15:51:54
Very nice.  I say to post an Internet Draft - you post a link to a simple
archived e-mail.  The IETF process starts with an Internet Draft - without it
we are all just wasting time.  An internet draft is a concrete proposal that
can be discussed, archived, debated successfully, etc.

I challenge you to take your e-mail posting and turn it into an Internet Draft
with a legitimate security section (since you are solving a security problem)
then post a single message to this list showing the internet draft, and a
mailing list that people can join if they are interested in discussing it
further.

From there it is easy to determine if there is enough interest in forming a BOF
in Minnesota ( or S. Korea in March ) to forward the work in a Working Group.

The problem you have run into is you haven't taken the first step, which is to
simply submit an Internet Draft to the Internet Drafts editor... very simple
process with no politics in the way.  From there you can pursue forming a
Working Group (where you will get your first taste of politics).  Being that
you haven't taken the first step (publishing an Internet Draft) I am not sure
you "really" meet the charter (Ok, yes you do, but putting out a draft is SO
important - it should be the first step) and you have allowed the topic to grow
WAY beyond initial discussions (I am actually waiting for Harold to post one
of his famous Top n Talker lists soon).  The next step is to get a mailing
list somewhere and move the discussion off of this list onto that list

Bill