Re: IETF58 - Network Status

2003-11-14 10:30:19
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:51:57 -0500 (EST)
shogunx <shogunx(_at_)sleekfreak(_dot_)ath(_dot_)cx> wrote:

Unfortunately, the driver for my Lucent card doesn't support this
command and I presume that it's not possible w/ the current firmware. As
someone already stated: though the card was quite good and stable at
past meetings, this time it was really annoying. Either the firmware
needs an update to take the new conditions (mixed environment w/ ad-hoc
nets) into account or I'll have to change the vendor.

I'm pretty sure its not fireware thats tthe issue.  Make sure your kernel
is patched with the latest version of wireless extensions, then compile
wireless-tools calling includes from the patched kernel headers.

Though I'm able to do this (which may not be true for other linux users),
and, it really costs a lot of time to do it. I've done it several times at past
meetings, because the driver wasn't stable enough and crashed my kernel
several times. This time I contacted the author of the driver and he had no
idea how to override the firmware's handover decision, sorry.

Roland