Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-02 20:45:18
Ed Gerck wrote:

Paul Vixie wrote:

i don't care who you are but i do care who you know.
        [..]
If someone sends me a message asking for my comment
because they read some other comment I wrote, do I really
care who that someone is... or who they know? No, in fact I
am delighted if the question comes from a complete stranger
with no connection to me, my friends or his friends.

I'd suggest that in this case you _are_ reacting to who
they know. In some sense they 'know' you, because they're
reacting to something you wrote, and thus have gained entry
to your circle of people-worth-talking-with.

cheers,
gja