Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-03 13:18:36
From: David Morris <dwm(_at_)xpasc(_dot_)com>

Well, I don't read such mail if I can avoid it ... I have never received
email of value where there was no pre-existing 'connection'. People with
business opportunities with mutual value continue to take the time to use
the telephone even though email would be a viable alternative.

Your experience differs from mine and I think other people's.

I'm talking about entirely non-bulk, purely private, I think
unsolicited mail business proposals from strangers.  If anything
comes of the contact, telephone and face to face meetings often
occur, but email is often the cheapest (not just in money or time)
way for an initial contact.