Re: MBONE access?

2004-03-03 19:57:31
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

<begin naive question>

Apart from the "eating our own dogfood" bit ...

Most other Internet events I attend, or follow remotely, use Real
audio/video, or sometimes Windows Media Player.

Can anyone tell me if there are any TECHNICAL reasons why we can't
do this for the IETF meetings?

how about economic and poltical...

In point of fact it has been done, either by reflecting sources to
unicast through real servers or by simply generating additional sources.
The resources to do this on an ongoing basis (namely transit) haven't been
forthcoming.

joelja

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

Joel Jaeggli           Unix Consulting
joelja(_at_)darkwing(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu