Re: MBONE access?

2004-03-04 16:22:14
Right, but multicast appears to be a large part of the problem.

I know this is heresy, but good engineers are usually able to use
available tools. It is possible to use the handle of a screwdriver to hit
the head of nail and drive it into the wall --- when you don't have a
hammer.

Now, it was a *naive* question, and others have pointed out the cost
of unicast alternatives, so I am not saying "adopt commercial solutions
today", but if we are only doing multicast for religious reasons AND
it isn't reaching the large group of people who cannot participate
THEN it might be time to consider some alternatives, that's all.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj