Re: MBONE access?

2004-03-03 23:21:48
Yes, even there are other interoperable implementations for Linux and BSD based
platforms.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb(_at_)research(_dot_)att(_dot_)com>
To: "Ole Jacobsen" <ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
Cc: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: MBONE access?

In message
<Pine(_dot_)HPX(_dot_)4(_dot_)58(_dot_)0403031823180(_dot_)17556(_at_)wells(_dot_)cisco(_dot_)com>,
 Ole Jacobsen wr
ites:

<begin naive question>

Apart from the "eating our own dogfood" bit ...

Most other Internet events I attend, or follow remotely, use Real
audio/video, or sometimes Windows Media Player.

Can anyone tell me if there are any TECHNICAL reasons why we can't
do this for the IETF meetings?

Does Windows Media Player run on a high-enough percentage of IETFers
machines?  The incidence of Windows here is considerably lower than in
the population as a whole.  Note that this is a technical reason:  it
doesn't support our user base.

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.