Re: Complaint on abuse of DNSOP lists

2004-05-11 11:23:18
On Mon, 10 May 2004, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Dean,

third time same complaint, third time same answer.

No.

A WG chair is expected to read mail coming from the working group list.
What he does with copies that go directly to him is his own business.

I disagree. A WG chair has to read email from participants, including
off-list email.  Certain complaints and business needs to be handled
off-list.

And as I have told you on the previous two instances of this complaint:
Personal mail to you, including bounce messages, is not someone defaming
you in the IETF, even when you choose to make it public.

I disagree, and I believe the IETF attorney has advised you otherwise.
The previous complaints involving Paul Vixie and Joe Abley regarded their
roles as participants, not as representatives of the IETF.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc