RE: [dnsop] Re: Complaint on abuse of DNSOP lists

2004-05-11 17:38:20
I sent a response to Rob in regard to a post he made on DNSOP, and he
responded that my IP addresses were hijacked.

                --Dean

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Richard Barr Hibbs wrote:

while Rob and I have had serious disagreements about
technical matters in the past, I've never known him to make
disparaging remarks about anyone, and a scan of the last 30
days' messages on the DNSOP list authored by Rob (and
delivered to my inbox) show NONE that mention AV8, it's
products, customers, or business practices.

So, what's the fuss about?  Doesn't seem to involve IETF at
all....

--Barr Hibbs

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dnsop(_at_)lists(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu
[mailto:owner-dnsop(_at_)lists(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu]On Behalf
Of Dean Anderson
Sent: Monday, 10 May 2004 13:24
To: John Stracke
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; dnsop(_at_)lists(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu
Subject: [dnsop] Re: Complaint on abuse of DNSOP lists

On Mon, 10 May 2004, John Stracke wrote:

Dean Anderson wrote:

It seems that WG co-chair has begun to use an
email address that is
defaming Av8 Internet, Inc

How is it defamation if the only one that gets
the message is Av8?

Av8 customers get it.  DNSOP and IETF list
members have gotten it. When I
have to republish something to make a complaint
then legally it is just
like Mr. Austein published it himself. Defamation
Tort Law.

            --Dean

.
dnsop