Re: [dnsop] Re: Complaint on abuse of DNSOP lists

2004-05-11 14:39:05
 if you are serious, please feel free to contact your legal council
 to persue remedies.

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 03:32:27PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
I can't parse your statement.  I didn't say "assignment of IP space
__impunes__ a service". Perhaps you meant to say that your assignment of
IP address space to abusers doesn't impune the rest of your services. This
was the claim made by Media3 in Media3 v. MAPS.  Media3 lost.

But assignment of IP address space does indicate a relationship.  Your
denials of that relationship are frivolous.  Now, as in January, a close
read of your message reveals that you didn't actually _deny_ the
relationship, you tried to convince me that there was no _proof_ of any
relationship.  With regard to spam, we call such "deniable" relationships
"pink contracts".  The spam-hoster tries to deny that anyone has any proof
there is a relationship with the spammer.

I'd love to be able to say you were violating you AUP, but you don't have
one published.  Indeed, it is rather interesting that neither EP.NET (Bill
Manning), nor ISC.ORG (Paul Vixie) had published AUPs.

But as Media3 V. MAPS demonstrated, we can call a spade a spade.  You host
abusers, we can call you abuse-friendly.

I suspect this is off-topic from the subject of abuse on DNSOP lists.  I
would like to redirect anyone who would like to continue this offlist. I
will shortly put all of your January emails and you current emails
regarding EP.NET and ISC.ORG on the web under IADL.ORG (Internet
Anti-Defamation League).

              --Dean