Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....

2004-09-10 11:50:24
%
% Bill - as I said in a previous posting - it would be quite fine
% for you to say 'IETF- you do not have permission to post my expired ID'
% and the IETF should then remove your ID from the IETF's public archive
% but just because you might want to do that shoudl not (imo) keep the
% IETF from posting the 40,000 or so IDs from others, most of whom I
% expect would not object
%
%
% Scott

        perhaps true.
        but retro-actively changing the term of a contract,
        esp when no such escape clause was in effect at the
        time the contract was in force, is fraught w/ potential
        liabilities.

        not saying it could not happen, just that not all that
        sure of the value proposition of this particular line
        item makes it worthwhile going after the collective
        at this time.

        it would be worth some cycles to modify the BP used
        to indicate, for the general case, that ISOC or its duly
        authorized agents(blablabla) reserves the right to maintain
        any ID published with this clause intact in the ISOC archives.

        as usual, ymmv.

--bill