RE: archives (was The other parts of the report....

2004-09-10 07:31:05
How about prior art? Am I wrong to think of expiry dates as only relating to
currency to Standards process rather than to the broader record?

Following on from that does the expiry indicate that the copyright reverts
back from ISOC to the authors? I hadn't expected that to be the case.

Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
scott bradner
Sent: 10 September 2004 14:30
To: harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu
Subject: Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....

the last time we talked about this Jorge said that he saw no problem
(legally) to just offer a takedown process to anyone who felt that
they did not want their ID to last longer than N days

but, to me, its quite silly to pretend that IDs actually disapear
from the net just because teh IETF takes it off of our web site

Scott