Re: IETF 62 (was: Re: first steps)

2004-09-17 02:04:11
On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:23:40AM +0100, Tim Chown wrote:

With the impending visa/biometrics/etc mess for the US, having more of the
IETFs elsewhere would reduce the travel burden.  Maybe Canada?

I'd really appreciate that.

AFAIK the US require taking fingerprints even from europeans
starting at Oct 1. So IETF60 was the last IETF I could attend
without having my fingerprints taken. I feel everything but
comfortable with that way to treat people.

Currently IETF is held at east- and west-coast. Why not
change this into south/north? Canada in Summertime,
Mexiko in Wintertime.

regards
Hadmut