Re: IETF 62 (was: Re: first steps)

2004-09-17 03:22:44

On Friday, 17 Sep 2004, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
AFAIK the US require taking fingerprints even from europeans
starting at Oct 1. So IETF60 was the last IETF I could attend
without having my fingerprints taken. I feel everything but
comfortable with that way to treat people.

I agree.  I sincerely would have wished IETFs from 61 and on
were held outside the US as long as they run their fingerprinting
policy.  I feel really incensed, being treated like that.  And
I have no illusions about the fingerprints taken when I come to
IETF61 not finding their way into the US fingerprint data bases
which now, I believe, mostly hold fingerprints of criminals and
people who have been arrested and booked.  Bah.

Currently IETF is held at east- and west-coast. Why not
change this into south/north? Canada in Summertime,
Mexiko in Wintertime.

Good suggestion.

        Henrik