Re: Sunshine Law

2004-10-25 07:41:27
Vernon,

Two additions to Brian's comment, with which I agree...

(1) The type of discussions he describes are especially
important in situations in which an alternative is to try to
make large structural or procedural changes in order to solve
problems with personalities.  Such changes almost never succeed
if the relevant personalities are still in place, and they can
add serious additional friction to the process while solving
problems that don't exist and not solving those that do.

(2) Perhaps I should not be "allowed to participate" around
here, but I have to confess to not liking to be misquoted and
not liking personal abuse.   Whether I can ultimately ignore
them or not, they don't leave me feeling better at the end of a
day in which I encounter a lot of them, and I have made
decisions to avoid doing some things and making some comments
because they were not worth the abuse they would engender.
Perhaps I'm just getting too old, but while I think IETF
benefits from clear discussions in frank language, I don't think
the nit-picking, out of context, abuse, especially that which is
based on long-ago comments, benefits anyone.

    john

--On Monday, 25 October, 2004 15:12 +0200 Brian E Carpenter