Re: Sunshine Law

2004-10-23 05:34:47
Margaret Wasserman wrote:

Hi Paul,

Ignoring the rest of your post and just picking up on this part:

3. with regard to process transparency, you have all had a chance to
   read my thoughts about california's "sunshine law" which holds that:

    The people of this State do not yield their sovereignty to the
    agencies which serve them.  ...

This is, I believe, one reason why our process includes a recall procedure.
It's interesting that this has never been exercised, but I think its
existence already puts the IESG and IAB on notice. However, it's always
going to be a judgement call which decisions are purely operational and
get made quickly by the I*, and which ones deserve debate in the sunshine.

    Brian