Re: Shuffle those deck chairs!

2004-10-29 14:21:00
brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com (Brian E Carpenter)  wrote on 21.10.04 in
<4178191B(_dot_)4040902(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>:

Patent holders who choose to stay outside the standards setting
process are not in the least impressed by the IPR policy of the
standards body, whether it is the W3C, the IETF, or anywhere else.
Those are the patent holders you need to worry about, not the ones
who play nice by helping to set open standards. You're shooting at
the wrong target by shooting at the IETF and its participants.

I believe the Sender-ID case to be a counter example to your claim. The
patent holder in this case has, IMO, made it sufficiently clear that he
*is* one of those we need to worry about.

MfG Kai