Re:IETF62 Network and Terminal Room Information

2005-03-11 00:10:24
Hi,

I will like to ask the responsible/s of setting up the IETF network to make
sure that we don't have again, a situation like we had this week, when the
network was not working most of the time, and no IPv6 available.

There was already some problems in the last IETF, and it seems to me that
the reason may be the APs, as by chance, it seems to me that are the same,
and that never had been used in previous IETFs. Of course, I may be wrong,
but seems an interesting coincidence, and if that's the case, we should
never use them.

This week has been really painful in terms of network, spending extra time,
and even some times being forced to "escape" from some meetings, because
this situation of general malfunction of the network.

Is also not acceptable, in my opinion, not being able to support IPv6, when
today, we know, from experience of past IETFs, that it has never seen a
problem. Again, the coincidence with the previous event and the same APs ?

This doesn't facilitate our work, dismisses our attention and in general
make IETF much less productive than it should be.

Thanks for making sure that this will NEVER happen again, please.

Regards,
Jordi