Re: IETF62 Network and Terminal Room Information

2005-03-11 10:21:36
Just to add an observation - we've been in Minneapolis before, but 802.11 is catching on. Dean Willis noted early in the week that the projectors and hand controllers used 802.11 in ad hoc mode, and I hadn't noticed this at previous meetings.

I was seeing a LOT of other ad hoc networks, but it is interesting that we've been asking people to turn them off while equipment vendors have been turning them on in other places...

The problem really DOES morph within 18 months.

Spencer