Re: UPDATE - mp3 audio streaming...

2005-03-11 00:34:08

I agree with others that the audio service added a new dimension to remote participation. In some groups I'm involved with we've had folks regularly participating via text chat, and it seems to me that their interaction was higher-bandwidth because they could get the audio in more or less real time rather than depending on someone typing the words in.

My one plea would be for more microphones. The whole point of a face to face meeting (other than the opportunity for snow in March for those of us who wouldn't otherwise see it) is rapid multi-way communication. Waiting while the one portable mic is passed about really impedes the flow, it seems to me. Two for the room (I'm thinking of the mid-size rooms where most of my sessions were, rather than the giant ballrooms with their fixed aisle mics) and one for the chair table would be sufficient, probably.

 - RL "Bob"