Re: UPDATE - mp3 audio streaming...

2005-03-11 04:24:09
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Keith Moore wrote:

on the other hand, if someone can figure out a way to transmit the
images that are being fed into the video projectors, that might be
useful.  video streaming might be the easiest way, and unlike a video
camera, it wouldn't need an operator.

The major problem with doing this, is the loss of detail that conversion
from VGA to video introduces.  We found this to be such a problem with the
video streaming for the RIPE meetings that we had to ask the presenters to
use larger fonts, and reduce the amount of detail on their slides.

Rather than streaming the VGA -> video output, it would be better for this
purpose to use one of the commercial VGA -> Image File devices, and
provide a web page with a suitable refresh period to see the slides in
their original resolution.

The comment about not needing an operator is slightly incorrect; you
always need someone on-hand (though not necessarily in the room) to apply
suitable percussive maintenance.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B