Re: UPDATE - mp3 audio streaming...

2005-03-10 13:55:22
Several of the WGs I'm in only use a jabber scribe, and it's worked well. If there's a network glitch, you have a few options: continue writing your notes locally and post the series to jabber once you reestablish connectivity, or play tag team with someone else who hasn't lost connectivity.

There was a web page posted, http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html, that goes into details on how to set up jabber and access the ietf jabber chat rooms from your machine.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
I think that a short BCP or the equivalent for jabber scribing
would make sense, as not everyone is familiar with the technology.

As a frequent scribe, I suspect that scribing and jabber could be
combined for open meetings (and might improve the scribing), but
1 minute after the start of the meeting is not the time to start
investigating it.