Re: RFC - 2229 / Dictionary Server Protocol

2005-03-14 03:30:10
Looking again into 2026 I'm still not sure how Gaurav
could handle this if the authors don't answer.  And if

From 2229 (C) statement:
<quote>
------------------------
   However, this
   document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
   the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
   Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of
   developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
   copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
   followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
   English.
------------------------
</quote>

   I think the authors have given permissions to modify it so that it
can be updated for developing Internet standards -- which, IMO, gives
me permissions - without requiring an explicit one from the authors -
to go ahead.

the "inventors" of IsNot also "invented" dict he might
need a lawyer _before_ publishing any I-D.  Bye, Frank

  Can I create "my own Dict-Serv" protocol? As a matter of fact, I
thought about DictServ protocol sitting on my laptop and doing some
work... after doing a lot work, it just came to my mind to see if
anything exists. RFC was the last thing on my mind and the first
response from Google.

   I was looking to SOAP-implementations and that's why you'd also see
a mention of XML in the response formats.

   Or instead... I'd then go to W3C and ask for a standard
SOAP-data-exchange-format for dictionary. However, it will be in SOAP
(over HTTP to start with).

--
Cheers,
Gaurav Vaish