Re: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

2005-04-08 12:02:51
On Fri April 8 2005 07:38, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I deliberately wanted to make the poll binary, but my
assumption is that 'neither' must mainly represent that
proprietary solution. I can't imagine many people generate
I-Ds using a plain text editor, and intuitively OpenOffice
doesn't seem likely either.

The question was worded to indicate a preference.  Therefore, the
"neither" option covers not only "none of the above (other)", but
also "no preference (don't care)".  Which illustrates another pitfall
of polling/voting; the precise wording of the question, interpretation
of that wording by respondents, and interpretation by those evaluating
results play substantial roles.  Wording questions in a neutral, fair,
balanced, clear, and concise manner is a non-trivial exercise.