Re: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

2005-04-08 04:43:00
I deliberately wanted to make the poll binary, but my
assumption is that 'neither' must mainly represent that
proprietary solution. I can't imagine many people generate
I-Ds using a plain text editor, and intuitively OpenOffice
doesn't seem likely either.

It's easy to create your own poll at the same site.

We're at 11/43/10 now, by the way. It looks as if XML suits
about 2/3 of our authors, but we have a substantial nroff
party.

   Brian

Stewart Bryant wrote:
I would also be interesting to know how many use Microsoft Word
to produce drafts.

Stewart

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Regardless of the interesting side-discussion about 'voting',
what the toy shows after about a day is:

prefer nroff: 8
prefer xml:  37
neither:      9

which implies a few hundred abstentions, of course.

   Brian