Re: [Tools-discuss] Re: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

2005-04-10 17:20:56
On Fri, 2005/04/08 (MDT), <fenner(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

(otoh I have nroff macros to help in writing MIBs, which e.g., create
the SEQUENCE so it's never out of sync with the objects in a table...
can't think of how I would do that in XML offhand)

You would use XML entities (recent xml2rfc versions have better support
for those) and/or a preprocessor. I would not be surprised if xml2rfc
eventually has native preprocessing capabilities (i.e., macros).
Virtually any large document and many small ones need them.

Alex.