Re: Possible new Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture (RAI) Area

2005-09-23 14:58:09
On 9/23/05 5:38 PM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
For the proposed area, that does not seem to explain the inclusion of  ENUM,
instant messaging or presence.  (This area is going to take over xmpp, too?)

ENUM is ancillary to telephony and not really to much else.
But anyway, you'll note that I argued that "real-time" is
an unsuitable name because of what it actually means, not
that your definition of real-time was vernacular and we need
to focus on what's actually real-time.  I tend to prefer
naming it something around multimedia applications but as
long as whatever it is is reasonably descriptive and won't
lead to people thinking that it's a proper place to work
on things like storage device controllers, I'm good.

Melinda