Re: Possible new Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture (RAI) Area

2005-09-24 09:18:53
On 9/23/05 at 3:59 PM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:

So far, references have been made to time-sensitive and to signalling, yet it is not clear how this applies to the work that is being defined as seeding the area. Since SIP is really a signalling protocol, yes, that part is clear. But where is the time-sensitive technology component to the work in the area?

Dave,

I'm not entirely clear here: Do you have a problem with Ted's reformulation of this potential new area as the Signalling Applications and Infrastructure Area? That is, does his description concretely define the new area well enough?

(If SAI is reasonable, and I think it is, let's use that reformulation and be done with it.)

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated