Re: Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

2005-10-22 22:50:45
Dave,

Is that hope for future participation by new attendees an acceptable
basis for making venue choices that hurt current participation by
primary contributors?

What is the evidence that we will not gain that new participation
without hurting current participation by primary contributors?

The working groups I chair have particpants from Asia, Europe & North America.
I don't see many places, outside of Antarctica, that would cause all of the
active contributors an equal amount of travel pain.  I really think this is a
non-issue for the IETF as a whole.

John